One of the required items that just about everybody owns as of late is watches. There are many types and models in the market. Regardless it is an analog watch or a digital one, it's a must have piece.
Watches are not only a device to inform the time, but according to their model and technology can perform other functions, working like a stopwatch, as in the case of analog chronograph watches. Moreover, watches are usually accepted as fashion items which may add classiness to the design of a personal. It is, therefore, not strange to find watches that are very expensive.
So what exactly is an analog chronograph watch? “Analog” implies that its display isn't digital but rather deploys mechanical movement of one or more arms or pointers to indicate the time. On the other hand, “chronograph” suggests implies a timepiece which may operate as a timekeeper and stopwatch simultaneously. Chronographs are generally more intricate than watches without the stopwatch ability.
Types of chronograph watches:
- Tape chronographs: The basic type of chronographs that was utilized to calculate the time elapsed during horse races.
- Digital chronographs: they need a display. These watches need the employment of batteries that require to get replaced. They malfunction with a higher frequency than the analog watches.
- Analog (automatic) chronograph watches: These primarily are the same as digital chronographs, but without the use of batteries. They depend only on mechanical energy derived from the movement of the individual sporting them. They're more intricate and tougher to manufacture than the digital ones that makes them costlier.
- Others: Along with digital and analog chronograph watches, different types include split second chronographs, calendar chronographs, fashion wood watch and tachometer chronographs among others.
Analog and digital chronograph watches are considered a fashion item for several customers these days. Celebrities corresponding to actors and sportsmen are among the users of chronograph watches.
Uses of chronographs
- Military: A popular use of chronograph is depicted by the Langley chronograph, employed by the U.S. Navy to record and analyze information concerning aero planes.
- NASA: The agency used chronograph watches throughout all of NASA's Apollo missions to the moon by providing every traveller with a completely functioning chronograph.
Medical: Analogy chronograph watches and digital ones have also found applications in the medical field. Some chronographs are utilized in hospitals to record very important information corresponding to heart beats.
- Sports: rather like the primary chronograph unreal, today chronographs are not to calculate and record speed and/or distance in different games.
It is now evident that analog chronograph watches are more precious and generally more costly than the digital ones, as they have more intricate design and craftsmanship. They are an item of style and class and also a practical timekeeping device.