Many people may hear the name Baselworld, especially those who are connected with the watch and jewellery trade. In simpler term, it is the grand event where the renowned watch and jewellery brands take participate to showcase their latest as well as the most advanced collections. Every year, the event witnesses most expensive collections of the brands that enrich the trend of the era. In terms of the technology and design, the participants astonish the whole world by their innovation.
Baselworld is a trade show that is held in Basel city, Switzerland. Nearly 2,100 exhibitors from 45 countries all over the world glitter the presentation of the event. The show has recorded more 94,000 visitors every year and it is really an epic event for those who are related to fashion industry.
Take a Historical Ride of The Past:
The journey started in 1917 with the inception of Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (muba) that was known for exhibiting watches and jewellery.
- In 1925, muba had arranged a show where it invited watch brands across the world.
- It is said that the year 1931 had been the turning point for the event because, in this year, Schweizer Uhrenmesse (Swiss Watch Show) was first organised in a pavilion.
- The event had got bigger after Europe's meeting in 1972. After which exhibitors from the countries like France, Italy, Germany, and the United States started taking participation in the show.
- In 1983, the event titled name as Basel.
- In 1986, another notable change had been incorporated by allowing companies out Europe to join the exhibition.
- The rename of the event had been taken place and it was then known as Basel 95 – The World Watch, Clock and Jewellery show.
- The popularity of the watch event suppressed worldwide and such was the fame that the organiser added 36,000 square meters space to accommodate the huge footfalls.
- In 2000, the grand event recorded a noteworthy increased of trade visitors to the event.
- In 2003, the event was renamed as Baselword, The Watch and Jewellery Show.
- In 2004, 160,000 square feet area has been added to attract around 89,000 visitors all over the world.
Land of Luxury watch brands at Baselworld:
These days, Baselworld has been known as the world's grand watch show where every brand wants to participate for their profits. It reunites coveted watch-makers and jewellers all over the world. Some of the well-known names taken from its long list contained Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer and Breguet. Fashion and jewellery brands that have a reputed presence in the fashion world also join the event including Chopard, Harry Winston, Bulgari and Dior.
The event is more a public gathering where watch-lovers experience the innovations of the brands. It is also an important affair for the brands also because it generates special buyer networks for the products. They can even arrange press meets and publish press releases about their latest launches and products. The best thing is that the participant company gets a wide media coverage on their offerings.
The Baselworld 2016:
Like other years, in 2016, Baselworld witnessed some great timepieces manufactured by different brands. The content presents you a glimpse of those timepieces that take you into the glittering event. The timepieces that raised many eyebrows are showcased here:
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona:
Rolex does not need any introduction. When it comes with its new advanced timepiece, it is indeed the object of admire. At Baselworld 2016, the brand unveiled Rolex Cosmograph Daytona. With a 40mm Oyster case, screw-down pushers, and Calibre 4130, this timepiece is much above your expectation. The white dial gets a black brush with the chronographs. It is said that the watch takes you back in 1965 when vintage watches dominated the world of watch making.
- Oris Diver 65 Carl Brashear Limited Edition:
Carl Brashear was the first African-American Diver that showed his skills in US Navy. This watch is designed in keeping with his daring attitude in mind. The case of the timepiece is made of bronze which sets an amazing balance with the marine blue dial.
- TAG Heuer Monza:
Tag Heuer Monza watch takes you back in the history of the brand when Jack Heuer engineered a watch for appreciating the Ferrari's winning F1 season. This time, the black cushion case gets a sharpened look. It gets a vintage with its bold red touch in hand and Tag Heuer Logo.
- Omega Speedmaster Moonphase :
Omega is the name that prevails all over the world. It has introduced – Speedmaster Moonphase that brings moonphase in a new avatar. It is the successor of the first watch travelled to the moon. The moonphase display of the watch gets a historic touch by having the footprints of Neil Armstrong.
Baselworld is the biggest watch event where premium and luxury watch brands take participate in unveiling their latest and amazing collections. The above document contains a few names showcased at Baselworld 2016. The organiser has also scheduled the event for 2017 that will be conducted between 23rd to 30th March.