People usually remain conscious when it comes to cleaning and caring their expensive diamond jewelry. Below are some tips that can help you a lot to clean diamonds:
- Put some mild soap into bowl. Pour warm water into the bowl, blend the mixture until a foamy solution forms. Do not take harsh soap as it will damage the shade of fancy color diamonds. One can use mild body soap or shampoo; it is advised not to use softeners as they layer stones.
- Place the jewelry in bowl for 15 minutes and let the soap water penetrate and eliminate accumulated dirt.
- After 15 minutes, take out the ring from solution; use a soft bristle brush to clean up the slits properly. Do not use harsh brush as it will lead to scratching.
- After proper cleaning, wash the ring with cold water and let it dry.
- Purchase special diamond cleansing liquid according to the type of stone you have. One can easily get these solutions from market. Be sure to pick the ideal liquid as they are prepared with different chemical concentrations.
- Read the label carefully before pouring liquid in the bowl. Make solution with water and immerse the ring in it.
Tips to take care for fancy colored diamonds:
- If you Buy Fancy Diamonds from reputed store, it is not necessary to drive crazy when it comes to care for them. Remove your ring while playing or engaging in any sports activity.
- Before starting house cleaning with chemicals or harsh detergents, remove ring carefully!
- Take your beautiful diamond to the best jeweler twice a year to make it long lived. It is necessary as diamonds gets weaken with time and you can lose the diamond if stuck anywhere.
- Avoid wearing diamond jewelry while working in garden. Metals can damage shining of expensive stones.
- Do not touch diamonds fixed in the jewelry-the oils in your hands can haze the gems and reduce their luster, and once there is a little oil on the diamonds, then everything around them adheres to them.
- Do not clean your jewelry with toothpaste. Toothpaste is an abrasive that can damage the metal, and it hardens under the diamonds, so the ring glistens opaque and it is very difficult to clean the paste after it hardens.