Using a good container or box to store your jewelry is a great way to keep it organized and looking good for a long time. In this post, I will introduce you to my top five tips to help you organize your jewelry this holiday season. Also, you will learn how jewelry boxes & organizers can help you stay organized.
The use of Jewelry Boxes dates back several hundred years and has evolved tremendously over time. Jewelry Boxes can be simple or ornate, small or large, can sit on your dresser table or be freestanding in your bedroom. They also come in various price ranges based on what your needs are. You can find beautiful jewelry boxes at many different sources online and locally at your favorite retail store. If you don’t already own a jewelry box and are thinking of purchasing one or, if you are thinking of upgrading your existing box, these tips will help you get started with organizing your jewelry collection.
1) Take Inventory: It is important to begin by evaluating your jewelry collection so that you will get an insight on what you already have and what you might want to buy in the future. Take an afternoon to do this and take small breaks if you feel you are getting overwhelmed by the process! This is meant for you to have fun and get organized in the process.
2) Sort into Small Bins by Jewelry Type: Jewelry generally fits in the following 5 categories: Earrings, Necklaces, Brooches, Rings, and Bracelets. Each of these main categories can of course be categorized further like: for example: Earrings: Hoops, Studs, Posts, Dangles etc. But, to keep things simple and for the purposes of this post, I am going to focus on the main five categories. Once you have your jewelry gathered, it is time for you to place them in to the bins. It helps to have your bins labeled prior to starting the project. Also have 2 additional bins available and labeled: Mismatches or Needs Repair and Donate or Discard. This is a great way to keep your jewelry manageable and organized! By donating to a charitable organization, you are helping support a wonderful cause. For some of your more higher-end pieces you can consider exploring Red Swan. The website claims to offer women a fun, easy and profitable way to convert their unwanted jewelry into currency for meaningful change, whether in their own lives or for charitable causes.
3) Establish a budget: Before you go shopping, establish a budget for up to how much you want to spend on a good quality jewelry box or an organizer. Also, do your research online before you purchase because there are several sources and deals or promotions that you might not want to miss out on. If you can wait until Black Friday (Day after Thanksgiving), there are usually several great deals going on.
4) Purchase your Jewelry Box: Once you have established a budget and are comfortable with an online or retail source for your jewelry box, go ahead and purchase it! Some of the things you should look for in the jewelry box are: quality, craftsmanship, size, material used, and style. Remember that you will end up paying a bit more for good quality craftsmanship and materials used. The specific style of jewelry box is purely a matter of personal preference based on your jewelry collection.
5) Display it proudly and keep it accessible: Once you have purchased it, it is time to get your collection into your jewelry box and start enjoying the fruits of your hard work! Based on the style of your jewelry box, you can set it on your dresser or have it freestanding by it. Whatever the case, now, the next time you are getting ready to accessorize your outfit, you will be sure to find the right pair of earrings, necklace, brooch, or bracelet without wasting too much time searching!